Sunday, May 07, 2006

Genghis Khan 2

I had a lot of fun trying to come up with Thug Designs for the Genghis Film. I was going more for fun and appeal than trying to be "historically accurate", so I came up with a vast array of goof ball characters as you'll see bellow...

This guy was based VERY ruffly on the Mel Gibson Character from Brave Heart...but at a certain point in his design I thought it would be more fun to make him a dog mannered cannibal instead!


This Drawing is still ruff and unfinished, but I still dig it for it's whole "monstrous presence"...
This Thug design was influenced a little by the Fleischers' old cartoon style, and somewhat by Bob Clampett's Indian Joe cartoon. Believe it or not I was kind of thinking Dragon Slayer when I designed this guy...Dirk anyone...no?
I think this guy was in a Sub Way commercial...
Ok with this guy, I had done so many Fleischer influenced designs here that I figured I'd just go all out with it on this dude... I call him Bruno the Primate! :p

5 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Clinton said...

What's the status on Genghis Khan anyway? I like the idea, and you hit the style of the early black & white toons real good. I'm glad to see you starting you sketch blog, now let's get famous.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

Man Ghegis Khan never looked so funny. Awesome stuff dude.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Robert Hume said...

Well thanks you guys! Yeah Clinton, the film is still on hold to tell you the truth, I came up with two different stories I really wanted to tell(one being far more difficult to pull of than the other), but unfortunatley right now I really just don't have the time to start animation on either of them...maybe sometime this summer tough I'll be able to start up production on it, we'll see what happens!

 
At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home