Monday, May 22, 2006

Genghis Khan 3

HEY GANG!!! Sorry I took so long in between posts, I've been extremely busy these past couple weeks with work, and work, and work and what not, but I DID however get the chance to knock out a couple Genghis sketches after(you guessed it) work today. I figured I'd post them up here for you guys to see, and to also down play that on going roomer inside of my own head that keeps on telling me I'm lazy! :p
Ok now this pic gives away a lot about the story in one of my two short film ideas, but I'm not sure if it's quite transparent enough for anyone on here to even figure it out. I was trying to get more exaggerated and expressive with the Character this time around...

...By the way, I've keep up the John K lessons and homework over the past few weeks as well but I don't really feel like dominating my Blog with replicas of other peoples work, so I think I'm going to stop posting them on here...

Maybe I'll do one last post a week or two from now showing all of my progress with the Preston Blair books and then I'll be done with it, not really sure.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger Ivan D said...

I hear you on the John K lesson thing. I actually found myself in a state of 'no original drawing' for atleast a week after doing them. I kept thinking, 'if I draw these comics now, I'll just have to redo them later once I get GOOD at drawing.' Which is quite depressing. I still want to keep up with the lessons and learn, but ultimately I must remember I'm drawing for myself!

Bloody brilliant Genghis character design you have here. The drawings bring an instand grin to my face.

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Bill Drastal Blog Mode!! said...

Kudos man kudos, you should always draw for yourself. Awesome Kahn sketches btw.

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Robert Hume said...

Thanks guys! Yeah drawing for my self is what keeps me going, but it's also fun and educational to try and learn a thing or two now and then in an attempt to become an even better artist, more skilled, you know. Nothing wrong with that. ;)

Keep up the good work fellas! Soon as I get my work deal all sorted out I'll be posting alot more often...

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Kevin Langley said...

I love the expressions. I can't wait to see more.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Nate said...

Nice work here, i really enjoy these ones. cool stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home